Our UK-based Psychology team are looking for an I/O Psychologist based in the US working remotely or in our San Francisco or Denver offices. You will be joining a thriving entrepreneurial start-up specializing in Sales Performance Management using an AI Platform. The Psychology team is responsible for research and product development, client consultancy projects, and behavioral science-based content and work closely with the Data science, Development, Customer Success and Sales teams.
Working with the Psychology team, the Customer Success team and the Sales team to ensure customer excellence
Working on customer projects using psychometric data and performance data to predict success, utilizing best practices and helping them with internal communications.
Communicating research findings to customers using behavioral science and key recommendations for implementation.
Assisting the Customer Success Team in writing and submitting tenders, RFPs and compliance documents for the technical components.
Administering assessment feedback to clients.
Research and Product Development
Working with the Psychology team and the Development to continuously improve Aptology’s product offering
Conducting and writing-up client research studies for academic submissions, whitepapers and articles.
Content and report writing.
Managing the development of norm groups and language adaptations.
Recommending ongoing product improvements based on customer feedback.
Writing submissions for regulators and academic papers.
Researching the marketplace and landscape.
Continuously keeping up to date on academic and field research to be conducted on our product range.
Collaborating with academic institutions to conduct organizational psychology research.
Writing-up and presenting research at conferences.
Presenting and Training
Presenting at events.
Training clients on how to use the Aptology solution for recruitment, retention and development of their people.
· At least 2 years’ experience using psychometric assessments in a business setting.
· Experience working with customers.
· Experience in writing up I/O psychology validity and reliability studies.
· Experience of EEOC, APA or other compliance organizations.
· Experience of copy-editing or report writing.
· Experience managing the translation and standardization of psychometric assessments.
· MSc in Research Methods, Psychometrics or Organizational Psychology.
· Qualification in administering, interpreting and feeding back psychometric assessments.
· Basic knowledge of R statistical software programming.
· Statistical knowledge – knowledge of analyses on Excel, SPSS (Syntax), SAS or MPlus.
· High level interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Excellent presenter.
· Achievement seeking – ability to see projects through to completion.
· Problem solving skills.
· Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) or G-Suite.
· Excellent time management.
· Working knowledge of a second language.
Special requirements for the role
Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the role.
The Role involves flexibility around hours – may be some working outside standard hours to accommodate working with the UK-based Psychology team.
Aptology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Aptology does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Aptology will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Aptology